Invites Research Proposals on Public Relations Worldwide (KPRA)
To encourage the research activities in Public Relations field and to contribute to the academic improvement, the Korea Pubic Relations Association invites you to apply for the Public Relations research fund by submitting your research proposal. We appreciate your interest in our program.
May 9, 2006
President of Korea Public Relations Association
1. Guidelines for Proposal
Any subjects contributing to the development of Public Relations Studies are
Full-time public relations faculty of a university or a college in or outside korea
Co-authors, like professor and student(s), are also acceptable.
4) Research Fund:
Six million Won, about 6,200.00 US Dollars, per each accepted proposal will be given. Two proposals will be selected: one will be given to Korean professor and the other one to non-Korean.
* Simply speaking, Korean Professor outside Korea will be considered as Korean. Combination of Korean and non-Korean(e.g. non-Korean professor and a Korean student/professor) will be considered as non-Korean
5) Research Period: July 1, 2006 ~ October 27, 2006 (4 months).
* Because research period is considered rather short, you may submit the proposal of research you are currently conducting without research fund.
(1) Please apply by June 9th by sending us:
a) Research Proposal
b) Resume of the researcher(s) including research projects involved and research paper that are published. (Proposal guideline is attached)
(2) Application can be made by fax or e-mail:
Korea Public Relations Association
- Phone: 82-2-393-2902, Fax: 82-2-393-2901
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.koreapr.org
* Please do not hesitate to ask for more information.
* International applicants may ask questions to Professor Hochang Shin, the adviser of KPRA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Judging and Selection
After reviewing the proposal, the committee members composed of scholars in Korea will announce winners. The announcement is expected in the end of June and will be publicized on our website and informed to the applicants individually.
(2) Review Categories
① Research Proposal (70%)
- Creativity of the proposal
- Logic and specification of research
- Appropriateness of research methods
- Expected contribution of research to the field
② Resume of the researcher(s) (30%)
- Potential ability to research
- Academic achievements of past 5 years
(3) Proposals of research already published or supported by other fund will be excluded.
4. Obligation of Submitting Reports
1) Mid Report on research process: August 31 (Monday), 2006
2) Final Report: Friday, October 27 (Friday), 2006
3) Paper Length: 25-30 pages (A4)
4) Final Paper should be submitted by the following methods:
① Final Research Paper (including abstract)
② A CD-Rom containing Research Paper
5) Please indicate KPRA as a research sponsor when you publish the article.
* We proudly announce that this program is sponsored by one of world class companies in Korea, SK Telecom (www.sktelecom.com).